Re: [vjet-dev] Want to develop for VJET as part of GSoC 2013

Hi Atul,

Thanks for taking an interest in the VJET project. You can also follow me on github here[1]

It sounds like you are up to speed on building the java code. Great to hear that you have some experience with phpMyAdmin. It should serve you well here.

As far as the idea Improve VJET's support for JQuery UI [2] we have support for jquery core [2b] (in the process of updating) but do not have support for jquery ui components. This gSOC project would help make jquery ui work better.

As part of the getting to know VJET I recommend you look at our current support and learn more from the following tasks:

- You should try our current support by importing the jquery type library and setting up a project[6]
- Learn about differences about VJET's capabilities for best code assist, searching and error checking based on type inferencing, vjetdoc declarations and types defined with js libraries.
- The meta types can be defined using vjo.js and the collection of types are called a type library. Mark has a good explanation here [3] (you will see some discussion about the proposed name change to anvil)
- A simple type library was created here for modeling a kayak[4]  you can find here [5]

Please note that we are in the process of reorganizing our documentation and website to help users and adopters learn more about our project. We are interested in any feedback you have.

Thanks and looking forward to working with you.

Justin