[virgo-dev] Virgo - Parallel startup of Plans

Hi all,

we are happily using Virgo for some years now - so we have accumulated quite some bundles and plans in our development servers. Even though Virgo runs nicely and stable as it is started, the startup itself causes us some troubles. Particularly, in one of the Virgos we have ~35 plans with ~25 bundles each - hence requiring to start about ~875 bundles. It seems that when Virgo starts, all plans in the pickup folder are automatically detected and started. Even though it is nice that through this parallel startup multiple cpu cores are used, in our case the overall startup takes too long, which in turn causes timeouts when waiting for certain services.

So we were wondering whether there is a way to restrict the parallelism of starting bundles/plans during startup of Virgo?

Cheers,
Stefan

Back to the top