[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[virgo-dev] Virgo & p2 use cases
- From: Glyn Normington <gnormington@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 15:33:37 +0000
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Following last week's discussion of p2, I would like to ensure that the following use cases work when we eventually integrate Virgo and p2:
1. Unzip and go - the user downloads and unzips Virgo, edits config files, and runs a startup script, much like in 2.1.0. No need to invoke p2, although it is acceptable for p2 to run under the covers.
2. Provision Virgo via p2 - the user uses p2 to provision and start Virgo.
3. "Hybrid" - the user uses p2 to provision Virgo, edits config files, and runs a startup script, the latter two steps much like in 2.1.0.