Re: [virgo-dev] Snaps

Hi Wayne

Picking this thread up again - sorry for the delay.

Perhaps it's not a great idea to be able to release parts of projects as that could easily confuse release reviews.

However, if we introduce a subproject so we can release snaps independently, we'd incur a significant and IMO unnecessary overhead: since subprojects don't inherit their parent project's CQs, we'd need to raise a pile of piggy-back CQs, which seems like make-work for us, the PMC, and the IP team.

So wdyt to allowing subprojects to inherit their parent projects CQs?

(This idea fits in quite nicely with the exempt pre-req's which are a bit like CQs inherited from eclipse.org itself, but that's just an observation and I am not seriously proposing it right now.)

Regards,
Glyn