[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [virgo-dev] Virgo F2F agenda items [was: Re: Virgo F2F]
- From: Glyn Normington <gnormington@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 01:18:58 -0800
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: AcuNSvTEXa4JeFnXSsyVWczRTnRIyQ==
- Thread-topic: [virgo-dev] Virgo F2F agenda items [was: Re: Virgo F2F]
No, it's about isolating apps from other apps (and apps from the kernel) using OSGi facilities, such as those provided by RFC 138, in a single JVM. We'll go into this a lot more next week.
(An aside: JSR 121 never really took off. If you need failure isolation, for example, you have to run separate processes. You can then optimise a JVM to share class definitions across processes and you don't need JSR 121 API support.)
On 25 Nov 2010, at 17:40, Florian Waibel wrote:
> Very interesting topics indeed.
>>> 3. Nested frameworks
>>> Regions and RFC 138
>>> Improved application isolation
> Is this about using JSR 121 Application Isolation API Specification?
>  http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr121/index.html
> virgo-dev mailing list