[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [virgo-dev] Milestone 5
- From: Glyn Normington <gnormington@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 19:59:29 -0700
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: Actly6p/9j/swphoT9KGbMoOja0WdA==
- Thread-topic: [virgo-dev] Milestone 5
Thanks for reporting the problem which was over-zealous reorganisation of the kernel directory layout on my part with insufficient regard to the tooling. Apologies for the inconvenience.
I've logged bug 32719  which will be fixed in Virgo 2.1.0.M06-incubation.
See the bug report for how to reconfigure the tooling as a temporary workaround. Here are the instructions for ease of reference:
1. Open the "Servers" window in the tooling.
2. Determine the Virgo server to be reconfigured.
3. Double click the Virgo server to open up the server window.
4. Navigate to the "Overview" pane.
5. Click the "Open launch configuration" link.
6. Navigate to the "Classpath" pane.
7. Select "User Entries".
8. Add each of the 5 JARs in the launcher directory to the classpath in turn (the order does not matter), by clicking "Add External JARs...", navigating to $SERVER_HOME/lib/launcher, and adding the JARs as necessary.
9. Back on the "Classpath" pane, once all 5 JARs have been added, click "Apply" then "Ok".
It should now be possible to launch Virgo as usual.
On 5 Oct 2010, at 16:01, Tim Goeke wrote:
That's great news! Thanks to everyone on the Virgo team, I'm looking forward to trying it out.
From the command line (on Mac) everything seems to be fine, but under STS 2.5 M3 updated to the latest snapshot, I am getting the following error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/virgo/osgi/launcher/Launcher
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.virgo.osgi.launcher.Launcher
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
I have not done much testing nor have I tried under STS on Windows. I can confirm that M4 still starts normally under the snapshot STS. Hopefully this is an easy fix!
On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 3:51 AM, Glyn Normington <gnormington@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnormington@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Virgo 2.1.0.M05-incubation is available from the download page. See the release notes for details.
We are planning to release 2.1.0 by the end of October following a graduation/release review starting on 20 October.
virgo-dev mailing list