Re: [uml2-dev] How to specify is-a relationship in UML2

Louis,

Please note that this mailing list is intended for communication related to the development of the UML2 project; please post future queries to the newsgroup.

Is-a relationships are represented as generalizations in UML. You should create a generalization between the Dog and (abstract) Animal class, and between the Cat and (abstract) Animal class.

I'm sorry, I'm not aware of any tutorials on how to create other kinds of diagrams.

Kenn Hussey

Eclipse UML2 Project Lead
Rational Software, IBM Software Group

770 Palladium Drive
Kanata, Ontario, K2V 1C8

T: (613) 599-3980  F: (613) 599-3912

"Chabot, Louis" <LChabot@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: uml2-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/04/2004 04:47 PM

Please respond to
uml2-dev

<uml2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[uml2-dev] How to specify is-a relationship in UML2

How do I specify an is-a relationship using the UML2.  For example, Dog is-a Animal (abstract) and Cat is-a Animal?

Also, does anyone have a tutorial on how to do build other types of diagrams (eg. activity) - I can only find an example for a class diagram.

Back to the top