From: <ui-best-practices-working-group-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 10:38 AM
To: UX Group <ui-best-practices-working-group@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] FW: New topic in forum C / C++ IDE (CDT), called Dont see C++ project or class in "New" list...., by Richard Hollingsworth

Are we going to do a BoF (with a Hangout) at EclipseCon Europe?

Wayne

On 14/09/16 10:32 AM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
Here’s an example of user confusion. I’m not sure which “Eclipse” he installed, and clearly, neither is he, but he was expecting to be able to create a C++ Project.

I’d like us to consider the install scenario and give guidelines for the Eclipse Installer as part of our mandate. You don’t get a great UX if the user hasn’t even installed the right thing to get an experience.

Doug.