Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] Question regarding error notification in editors

Hi, Eitan.
I believe the guideline is out of date.

Prior to Eclipse 3.0, problems indeed appeared in the tasks view. Starting with Eclipse 3.0, markers with a marker type of problem moved to the problems view. [1].
In Eclipse 3.4, a generic markers view was introduced for those who preferred the old style. [2].

From a guideline point of view, it probably makes sense to change this to say "Problems view." From an implementation point of view, it's best to mark the resource with a problem marker, knowing it will show up in whichever view the user chooses.

susan

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_Why_don%27t_my_markers_show_up_in_the_Tasks_view%3F
[2 ]http://update.eclipse.org/downloads/drops/R-3.4-200806172000/whatsnew3.4/eclipse-news-part1.html

Inactive hide details for "Kurejwowski, Eitan" ---01/26/2010 11:24:14 PM---Hi guys, I came across this guideline:"Kurejwowski, Eitan" ---01/26/2010 11:24:14 PM---Hi guys, I came across this guideline:

          "Kurejwowski, Eitan" <eitan.kurejwowski@xxxxxxx>
          Sent by: ui-best-practices-working-group-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          01/26/2010 11:23 PM
          Please respond to User Interface Architecture Working Group