[ui-arch-working-group] Minutes from today's conference call

Attending: Bob Fraser, Troy Beecroft, Boris Bokowski, Wassim Melhem, Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Wiki page: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/User_Interface_Architecture_Working_Group

Action Items:
  1. by one week (August 23) - Decision on what the wording of the scope/charter for the group. Discussions to happen via this email list.
  2. by the next call (two weeks; August 30) - Our goals for membership in the working group. While all members are welcome to actively participate, there are certain representatives that we would like to make an extra pitch to include - for example, representatives of major consumers and major downstream projects.
  3. by the next call (August 30) - Suggestions for how to gather input via bugzilla. There are many possible strategies including a new product for all UI issues; special searches for UI issues across existing products; special keywords; advertising to the larger community about where to put these issues, etc. Each of us will suggest one or more techniques and we'll discuss them and find a good solution/compromise.
  4. by ??? - Collecting the good and the bad from Callisto: examples of poor user interface/user interaction and examples of good UI. To be used as part of the guidelines.
Our call schedule is every two weeks, same time. We will keep the November face-to-face on the schedule as tentative.

Back to the top