[udig-users] Error Msg: To open 'udig_internal' you will need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime'

Hello,

I'm unable to get uDig to run on macOS. Here's the details of my installation. Any advise would be appreciated.

Error Msg: To open 'udig_internal' you will need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime'
Link provided in Error Msg: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=en_US

OS: macOS Catalina 10.15.3 (side note: this version no longer supports 32bit apps, the os is now installed on a 'read only' partition, shell changed to zsh)

Java runtime environment settings and version:
1.8 1.8.0_241
/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java

uDig
udig-2.0.0.macosx.cocoa.x86_64.zip (64bit) (installed this version at initially but when failed 2.1 RC1 was installed)
udig-2.1.0.RC1.macosx.cocoa.x86_64.zip (64bit)

Initial issue was "The Udig_internal executable launcher was unable to locate its
companion shared library". I was able to resolve using the command "xattr -c udig.app" based on information from

Current status: uDig fails to run with error 'udig_internal' you will need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime'.

Thank you in advance

Back to the top