[udig-users] Issue tracker decision

Hello everybody,

In the past we had access to a codehaus JIRA issue tracker instance side by side to GeoTools, GeoServer, and many many other projects. Maybe you noticed that codehaus shut down last year and isses were backup-ed and migrated to Atlassian-Cloud instance.

In between LocationTech provided a bugzilla setup and few issues (mostly infrastructure and migration tasks) are filed there (https://locationtech.org/bugs/describecomponents.cgi?product=uDig)

Last week Eclipse/LocationTech offered the oportunity to use github issues for github hosted projects (https://locationtech.org/mhonarc/lists/location-iwg/msg01367.html).

To avoid getting lost and pointing users/developers to different directions/instances I'd like to start a discussion here to prepare a decision:

* What would users prefer?
* Any objections with one of the three mentioned options (github issues, Locationtech bugzilla, OSGeo cloud JIRA)? @Andrea Does the board already decided to support JIRA for locationtech projects as well?
* Any wishes?
* Where do we have defined references (uDig itself, udig.refrections.net websites, locationtech & github wiki, locationtech wiki, online docs, etc)?

Looking forward for your feedback

- Frank

Back to the top