Re: [udig-users] Questions for imagemosaic layer in uDig

Hi Hendrik,

> when I add a Geotools-Imagemosaic with ECW-Files as a Layer in uDig, the
> icon it shows looks like uDig thinks it is a feature layer (a polygon is
> shown). But when I add an ECW-file by itself another icon is used for the
> layer. Is there a possibility to configure the icon for the Imagemosaic
> layer?

no, it can't be configured. But I agree that it should be changed in
the code to be seen as a raster layer.

> Another question that might have to do with it: If I add ECW-files by
> themselves as a layer I can configure options like the scale when these are
> to be shown or enable caching. If I add several ECW-files as an imagemosaic
> I can configure options for polygon features, but not the raster options I
> would like to have. Can I configure those raster options also for
> imagemosaic layers somehow?

Well, everything you can do through an SLD style file, can be done
also to the imagemosaic layer.
In those cases I create the LSD for one single raster, then tweak it
usually manually and then rename the *.sld file to have the name of
the imagemosaic shapefile.
It then gets applied to all rasters.
But I am afraid that caching and some other features are hardcoded and
not style driven.

> In Geoserver the layer is shown as a raster layer and I can configure
> similar options as for single ecw-files as well.

Yeah, the authors of the imagemosaic in uDig continued to work on
enhancing this for geoserver, while in uDig it has never been
improved, so there is for sure poor support for it in uDig.

Cheers,
Andrea