[udig-users] Error starting UDIG in Mac OS Maverick

After I upgraded my Mac OS to Maverick Udig no longer starts, I get the error message “Failed to create Java Virtual Machine”
The upgrade removed JDK 1.6 entirely and I don’t particularly want to reinstall it again. I had to do a tweak to get Eclipse to run.
Is there a workaround for Udig as well, or do I have to reinstall the old java?
Thanx
Gaby
--
Dr Gabriella Turek