[udig-dev] uDig Data Structures

Dear uDig developers

I am a Phd-student at the VUB (Brussel, Belgium) in the area of Software Engineering.
My current research focusses on the use of data structures (and the separation of interface
and implementation).

I was hoping if (one of the) uDig developers could answer the following questions:
 -  What is/are the main data structure(s) used by uDig (e.g., GIS-grid or something like that).
 - Are there multiple implementations for that data structure (e.g., for java.util.List we see Vector, ArrayList and LinkedList).
 - What are the algorithms (or type of algorithms) applied to these data structures?
 - Is uDig used sometime with (large) data sets that cause the program to run (more) slow?

Thanks in advance,

Mattias De Wael

--
Mattias De Wael