Re: [udig-dev] Eclipse4 testing

Starting with a fresh workspace - common theme in my testing will be EMF upgrade.

5. Adding layers and changing styles working as expected. Real test will be reloading workspace to see of EMF based resource output still functions.
- style editor is working
- map rename works
- map properties works, layer properties work

6. Expected toolbar buttons (such as zoom to extent) not shown when map editor is active. Menubar contribution for zoom to extent still present, and works.
- closing opening map has no effect

6. Created second Map in order to test layer view handling of EMF events.
- new map toolbar contribution present, so I was able to create a new map
- new map did not have initial zoom extent (fair enough)
- adding three layers did not acquire an initial zoom extent (thought it was supposed to)
- using zoom to extent from the menu bar worked and I can see content
- changing between maps shows the layer view contents changing

7. Restart to test EMF export/import

Natural Map reload test:
- all the content shows up on the map
- actually not all, 10m land now shows up with a "x" and "There was no renderer found capable of rendering this layer".
- Selecting 10m land layer and clicking "delete" fails, the selection changes to the first item and the 10m land entry remains

Cultural Map reload test:
- Same issue occurs on the 10m urban areas layer in my first map, content no longer visible, table view does not show content and zoom to layer extent fails.
- zoom to layer extent on 10m admin 0 countries fails, but table view lists features and content is diplayed on the map.

9. Re-restart to test EMF export/import

Cultural Map re-reload test:
10m land is no longer listed, so the delete changed something previously but failed to update the EMF objects in memory?

Natural map re-reload test:
10m urban areas is back, not sure why

8. So it looks like we have all the bits here for Luna, but work is needed around the updated components.

Surprises
- was able to drag map editor out of the application window, I expect Andrea will like that.
- keyboard navigation (i.e. arrow keys to scroll map) do not work, but keyboard tool shortcuts do work (p=pan, z=zoom)

Based on the above:
- Still concerned about EMF transition, but events and enablement appear to be working well
- background tools, and modal tools work, but action tools (like arrow keys and zoom to extent are not being registered when editor is activated)

Jody Garnett