[udig-devel] Modifying MapEditor Class - Remove Asterisk and AutoSave

I am currently working on a research project at Furman University utilizing uDig.

I am trying using the MapEditor class to display an interactive map that displays real-time scheduling.

The current problem I am experiencing relates to the open-save-close life-cycle of the MapEditor class.  Every time the user starts the program, I want there to only be one MapEditor in the workbench, however, when the application opens, the program brings up the old MapEditor as well.  Added to this are a few other features that I would like to be able to disable.  I would like the user to be able to close the entire application without the program asking if the user would like to save the map.  I would also like to disable the asterisk that displays when the editor "isDirty".

After a little bit of searching, I found a thread on the refractions forum that related to the same problem I am experiencing, however the poster never revealed his/her final solution (if any).

Thus, I figured I would try an email you for your expertise and see if you could point me in the right direction as to how to solve this problem.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this email!

Back to the top