Re: [udig-devel] kernel density

> I did confused grass and jgrass, true. I want to have a raster heat map
> after a kernel density estimation process on a vector shape file. First i
> headed to jgrass gis(udig 1.2 product) downloaded and began trying on grass
> console in it. I tried hard on importing vector files into mapset and
> running v.kernel from console on the shapefile. I think it is impossible to
> display the vector files imported into mapset. After kernel processing what
> i usually get is a yellow square raster image.

Well, this is not the right mailinglist for GRASS issues. If you have
problems with the v.kernel command, you should issue them in the grass
mailinglist.

> I found KernelDensity class here:
> http://code.google.com/p/jgrasstools/source/browse/hortonmachine/src/main/java/org/jgrasstools/hortonmachine/modules/statistics/kerneldensity/KernelDensity.java
>
> Is this class what you were talking about?

yes

> If it is, can you please simply
> tell me what do i have to do in order to achieve my goal? I know developing
> on an open-source project has its difficulties but i am working on this goal
> not hours not days not weeks but longer. i really do appreciate by your
> helps on this subject.

Well, I am not sure where you looked for all these weeks, but the
KernelDensity class is a very simple one.
It takes a raster with points in input, some kernel parameters and
spits out the calculated map. Something you would do very quickly if
you have your data ready.

Ismet, this is not the right mailinglist for JGrasstools issues.
Please, let's take this discussion to the JGrasstools mailinglist.

Andrea