[udig-devel] change a geometry in the info sheet - comments please

Hi developers,
these days I am handling a big amount of large data and sometimes I
have to add a point or any other small geometry.

We do not have a tool to insert coordinates in a precise way. For a
whole pile of tasks that would be amazing to have.

It happened to me that I clicked on a geometry with the info tool and
had a look at the geometry.
I realized that the WKT geometry field was editable. Dirty thoughts
came through my mind and I had to try to correct the coordinates.
Well, obviously that threw some exceptions and made a mess on my layer :)

But don't you think that this would be a cool way to give a
fine-editing mode to change geometries?

Comments welcome, possibly by the developers that worked on the
properties sheet of the info tool.

Thanks,
Andrea

Back to the top