Re: [udig-devel] deletion bug in uDig1.2-RC3

I debugged and checked the list of layers in either the case in which
I have the problem and the one in which everything is ok.
The inner list of layer is the same in both cases and it is perfectly
aligned with the list of layers provided in the Layers view.

So, now I am wondering if it is just a matter of naming. I mean, does
uDig keep track of the names of the used layers and it does not
refresh it?

Ivano

> So what I am looking for is this ...
>
> Go through the steps of adding two layers, removing one, etc... using the user
> interface. Look using the debugger at the list of layers.
> Do the same steps as a developer (using your tool?) and again look using the
> debugger now that the problem is there.
>
> Tell me how the two differ? Then after that it sounds like you try and create the layer
> again; and it fails somehow? Can you use the debugger to show me where it is failing?
>
> Jody
>

>On 02/08/2010, at 10:50 PM, Ivano Malavolta wrote:
>
> Hi Jody, in one of the tools I developed, I checked the layers list I
> get from a the following instruction:
>
> getContext().getMap().getMapLayers()
>
> Here there are no duplicates and there is neither the deleted layer
> (layer A in the example in the past mails).
> Any idea?
>
> Cheers,
> Ivano
>
>> Okay so you are working as a developer then; can you step through with a
>> debugger and see what is different about the two ways of doing things? The only
>> thing I can think that would mess things up is if the same *instance* was added to > the layer list twice?
>>
>> Jody
>
>> On 01/08/2010, at 10:45 PM, Ivano Malavolta wrote:
>
>> Hi Jody,
>> I tried with a layer coming from a shapeFile (as you did) and actually
>> the bug did not come out.
>> I think it is related only to the layers created inside uDig. I tested
>> with layers created both manually through the "create new layer"
>> action
>> and via other plugins (for example the layers resulting from a spatial
>> operation) and the bug showed up.
>> Can you confirm that?
>>
>> Best,
>> Ivano
>>

>>> Sure I can look at that; when you say Layer called "A" are you renaming the layer - or is the layer name created from the source data (ie shapefile name or
>>> wms layer title?).
>>>
>>> I went through the steps you describe using "cities.shp" rather then "A" and was unable to reproduce the problem.
>>>
>>> Jody
>>
>>> On 01/08/2010, at 6:44 AM, Ivano Malavolta wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all, I think I just discovered a bug in both uDig1.2-RC2 and
>>> uDig1.2-RC3, I have the suspect that uDig does not
>>> propertly delete resources (i.e., Projects, Maps, Layers) from the
>>> Project and Layer view.
>>>
>>> Here is the workflow to reproduce the bug:
>>>
>>> 1) create a new Layer called A;
>>> 2) delete the just created layer A;