[udig-devel] raster performance wow

I have a patch incoming that turns off loading the image into memory by default (unless it is a jpeg).

And wow does it make a difference; for geotiff bluemarble in the default dataset the performance difference is like night and day. Not the image is still cached in a a JAI tileset - where it can do a decent job of lazy loading etc.

To help with this I have made a new render metrics context DRAW_IMAGE_COMPRESSED used to indicate problem formats like jpeg where drawing from disk is slowed by the requirement to read everything.

Back to the top