Re: [udig-devel] parentClassloader parameter

On 29/04/2010, at 7:01 PM, Ugo Taddei wrote:

> Because
> 1) to deliver a JRE prevents the user from having to load her own
- check; although we could also have an installer option now that we have an installer

> 2) so we ensure uDig runs with the JRE we want
- mostly useful when working in constrained government environments that have standardised on Java 5 (not kidding!)

> 3) we don't/didn't realise there's a way to avoid this?
- we think there is a way to avoid it - since SWT can do something; but we are not sure exactly how. Developers have wasted weeks previously - perhaps the documentation story has improved since last time? Check archives to see where they got stuck.

> 4) we love doing easy things the hard way ;-)

Actually parentClassloader was much easier then our earlier attempts

> When I find some time, I'll try to read about the subject and try your suggestion.

Yeah!

Jody

Back to the top