[udig-devel] GeoWebCache and udig WMSC

Hello,

Sorry for cross-posting!

I wondered about the results using local geoserver with activated and configured geowebcache and udig 1.2 RC1 wmsc wizzard.

I try to describe, perhaps somebody could confirm:
- Add Web map Tile Cache Layer (WMSC)
- add url http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms?tiled=true
- The final request was http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms?TILED=true&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS

So all the parameter keys are changed to upper cases because of org.geotools.data.ows.AbstractRequest class (setProperty() uses toUpperCase()). The Geowebcache WMSGetCapabilities class calls the getParameter of HttpServletRequest:
HttpServletRequest.getParameter("tiled");

I debugged a bit and the responding capabilities document has no VendorSpecificCapabilities section.

It looks like a bug in geowebcache because it ignores the uppercase TILED Parameter, doesn't it? Tilecache.org seems not handle tiled or TILED at all and always returns a capabilities document with a VendorSpecificCapabilitiessection.

Is the "tiled" request parameter a specific implementation of geowebcache or is it a required parameter described in the TMS specification (where can I find it)?

In regards,

Frank

Back to the top