Re: [udig-devel] about renderer, tools and SWT Image

Hi Arto,

Arto Pastinen wrote:
Hi!

I think this question should probably direct to some eclipse mailing
list, but there is implementation in udig so if you just could give a
hint where to search.. =)

and if you find the answer there, please post is here...

I have currently implementing my own renderer, now i would like to use
swt Image where first draw the image and then draw that to Graphics2D
which IRender interface offer.
Now what happend when i draw the swt Image to the awt Graphics, it has
white background, and i cant find a way to prevent this, i tried also
first to create swt Image in renderer with udig's AWTSWTImageutils:
final Image image = AWTSWTImageUtils.convertToSWTImage(getContext().getImage());
but in that case it doesnt show anything, i tried also save that image
to jpeg but it is totally black, the size is correct..

I noticed something similar last week, when updating the code to trunk. In the old application (based on a trunk version of last year) the render creates transparent images. The current trunk generates images with white background. I'm using a modified version of ApplicationGIS.drawMap(). I tried with different image types, but couldn't restore the old behaviour yet. (ApplicationGIS.drawMap() uses an AWT image.)

Any hints on this will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ugo

I think this is already done in udig because in tools we can add Draw
command (AbstractDrawCommand) where we have ViewportGraphics which
seems to be SWTViewportGraphics and it uses swt Image.. if i draw
using this one then there is no white background..

any hints?

The reason all this is that the SimpleFeatures and SimpleFeatureTypes
are almost impossible to draw my domain objects so i have made my own
class model, where every class contains it own way to draw itself, and
i want to use this same draw implementation in edit tools and render.

Thanks, Artsi