[udig-devel] Re: pt translation - Wiki and PDF's translation

Good call about using udig-devel for these questions; taking the discussion there now.

The open office documents for the PDFs are stored in a private svn for training materials. I can send you the origional word documents for you to translate; it may be the case where we need to store these documents in your public svn repository (but in general we try and keep binary files out of the normal checkout required by developers).

I have placed the word docs here for you right now (along with a template you can use when starting up your own file):
- http://udig.refractions.net/files/docs/translate/uDigWalkthrough1.odt
- http://udig.refractions.net/files/docs/translate/uDigWalkthrough2.odt - http://udig.refractions.net/files/docs/translate/GeoServerInstall.odt
- workbook.ott

For the translations you are free to add your organizations logo to the initial title page; indeed we encourage this as we want to both thank you for your involvement and hard work; and demonstrate that this is an international effort.

Jody

Ricardo Pinho wrote:
Hi Jody / Jesse,

After a quite long period of inactive (i'm sorry), I have come back to this udig translation initiative.
http://n2.nabble.com/udig-translate-pt-f1631192.html

As before, we now have 2 teams of voluntaries: PT-Portugal and PT-Brasil
http://n2.nabble.com/Cria%C3%A7%C3%A3o-de-Equipas-de-trabalho-tt1631285.html
In the mean time I have found a friend to coordinate the Brasilian team.
So I have the help of Fernando Quadro, who has become in charge of leading the PT-Brasil team.
http://www.fernandoquadro.com.br

We have just started to translate the Confluence Wiki documentation.

The first question is:

How can we translate the PDF's included on several pages (Walkthrough, etc)?
What as been the procedures so I can communicate them to the translation teams?

Thank you,
Ricardo Pinho

PS.
Where is the best place to leave this kind of questions?
The udig-devel mailing list?

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com

Back to the top