[udig-devel] Re: [udig-users] Transform coordinates

Hi Jody,
to answer about the last part regarding the update site, I take this
discussion to the developer's list.

We decided to drop support for the update site because for JGrass we
have a couple of extra packages from the eclipse environment, which we
need for the console editor.
i used to supply those through the update site, but since a recent
version of udig those were disabled in a strange with some other udig
nls package I think. That lead to bugreports that I wasn't able to
reproduce and very annoied users.

I have asked the udig commiunity more than once to be allowed to add
those few packages to the udig base and target platform, but never got
a real response from it.
So the decision to make our own branded release of JGrass and BeeGIS,
which I honestly still find a waste of time (which I could/would
prefer to spend on udig :) ).
So if we can once again talk about the inclusion of the JGrass extras
into the platform, I would be very glad to do so.
If they go in udig, I will also take care to setup the old update site again.

Just for information, the additional plugins are:
org.eclipse.core.filebuffers
org.eclipse.core.resources
org.eclipse.ui.console
org.eclipse.ui.ide
org.eclipse.core.filesystem
org.eclipse.core.resources.compatibility
org.eclipse.ui.editors
org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor

Ciao
Andrea