Re: [udig-devel] Open Street Map in uDig

Harry Bullen wrote:
On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 4:56 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes. Make a preference page that the used can fill in some king of yahoo I'd
and you are good to go. Yahoo also offers decent search for looking up WMS
etc.

I know the iphone keyboard is small and everything but I can't figure
out what your're saying here:)
:-P Yeah no Internet at home yet.

What I was trying to say was that yahoo has a good api that you can use to talk to many of their services; the API requires some kind of "yahoo id" to be supplied when you make a request. You can make a preference page so that users can supply their yahoo id and then once that is available you can have a bunch of functionality (maps, traffic, geocoder, search for wms layers etc...) that is "enabled".

Cheers,
Jody

Back to the top