Re: [udig-devel] Adding a sinlge WMS layer

Hello ... trying to make sure I understand this request correctly ... if you drag and drop that url into udig it should do the right thing and add just a single layer. I am not sure if it functions in the same manner from the WMS Wizard or not.

I expect when you say in the wizard that you need to browse the entire catalog you mean you have to browse through the entire set of WMS layers for your service?

Two things:
a) we can probably add a search / filter field to the page that lets you choose a layer b) once your service is added to the local catalog you can quickly search for the layer you want using the search view c) there is a proposal here http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/Add+Layer+Wizard+UI+Proposal that covers some of this ...

Jody

iomeneandrei wrote:
Hi all,
is there a way to add a single WMS layer, using adding Data wizard?

I have in example this URL:
http://atlas.gc.ca/cgi-bin/atlaswms_en?VERSION=1.1.1&Request=GetCapabilities&Service=WMS#wld_ocean

It seems that in the wizard I have to browse the entire catalog. It's in
some way uncomfortable because I could know the exact URL of my layer, and I
have to browse the entire catalog (it could be very big) and  I could not
know the descriptive name (Title) of the layer ("Ocean Background"). I have
the URL, but it could be difficult for me to add the layer to uDig.

I know I could download the getcapapilities wms xml file and search for
"wld_ocean" string to obtain the Title of the layer, but I'm looking for a
not power user solution ;-)

Thank you,

-----
Andrea Borruso