[udig-devel] Question: how to clone uDig Layer?

uDig 1.1 doesn’t seem to like sharing an instance of Layer between instances of Map.  If I create multiple instances of Map and assign the same Layers to them (using Map.getLayersInternal().add(Layer) ) , only the last Map any given Layer has been assigned to has that Layer.  I conclude that I need to clone the shared Layers and assign a clone to each map.

Is there an easy way to do this?  I don’t see a deep copy constructor in the Layer interface.  I also don’t see anything in LayerFactory that looks like it will clone a layer.

Stephen Kilburn
GeoPraxis Inc.

Back to the top