Re: [udig-devel] uDig 1.1.1 and Spatial Operations

On Saturday 06 December 2008 21:12:20 Edward Pultar wrote:
> Hey uDig guys,
>
>   My name's Edward Pultar and I've been using uDig for a while and will be
> using it for a GIS class at the University of California, Santa Barbara,
> this winter.  I used Spatial Operations with 1.1-RC14 and buffer,
> intersect all of that worked fine for writing the class assignment this
> past summer but now in trying it again with 1.1.1 I immediately get a Java
> null error whenever I try to do any Spatial Operations.  I
> downloaded 1.1.0 and the Spatial Operations work just fine (awesomely
> faster than in RC14 too), are you aware that the package is not working
> with 1.1.1?  I know it's by Axios and separate from you all but I could
> see no documentation saying to use 1.1.0 for any Spatial Operations or
> when it will be updated for 1.1.1.  I'll keep an eye out for updates
> hopefully it's a simple fix.  Thanks for your time,
>
> -Edward.
Hi Edward, sorry for my delay, Monday holiday in Spain.
We can confirm that es.axios.udig.extensions 1.1.0-rc10 work well with udig
1.1.1. We tested this release in Windows and Linux (Kubuntu 8.04- KDE4).
We guess your udig workspace is not updated with the new uDig version 1.1.1
and Axios Extensions rc10 (Maybe some old package or class was cached and the
new install can't retrieve them ).

We recommend the next steps:
- Go to udig workspace, it is named uDigWorkspace and delete the folder
".metadata" (it is hidden in linux)

- Install a fresh copy of uDig 1.1.1

- run uDig and install es.axios.udig.extensions 1.1.0-rc10 from the update
site (for detailed instructions see
http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Axios+uDig+Extensions).

- close uDig

- run uDig using -clean parameter from command line: udig -clean

Let me know if you have success. If you have problems, please send us the file
uDigWorkspace/.metadata/.log

cheers.

--
Mauricio Pazos
www.axios.es

> Suspicious message? There’s an alert for that.
> http://windowslive.com/Explore/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_broad2
>_122008

Back to the top