Re: [udig-devel] drag from Map and drop ....

On Saturday 29 November 2008 15:19:13 Jesse Eichar wrote:
> Ok the two points.
>
> First is dragging the current selection. Each tool can define a
> selection provider.
> Since the current selection is what is dragged according to the udig
> DND framework so in effect the tool determines what can be dragged.
> Currently all that needs to be done to drag from the map is to create
> a dropaction extension point. (I think that's what the point is called.
>
> The second point is what happens when you drag something out of udig
> to say an email. This is where things get funny and surprisingly
> platform dependent.
> When dragging within udig the selection is what is dragged (or from
> the DND POV the objects within the selection). When dragging out of
> udig the object dragged is not the object(normally). There are a set
> of "transfer" objects that the must be used to take data out of udig.
> Text HTML files etc... Are type main types. Made an implementation
> back in the day that didn't really do it for me.
>
> That is a quick rundown of what is going on. Actually there is a bit
> more there is a selection framework in the system that is not yet in
> use but really should be.
>

> Let me know what specific questions you have. And maybe we can have a
> IRC chat later. Let me know if that is what you want.
>
> Jesse
Good state of the art summary.
We are planning to improve the merge view adding the possibility to do drag
features from map to the merge view. I guess that the described extensions
could be enough for this requirement.

Thanks a lot Jesse.
--
Mauricio Pazos