Re: [udig-devel] drag from Map and drop ....

On Friday 28 November 2008 09:30:26 andrea antonello wrote:
> I am wondering how you would be able to do this.
> I mean, you would have to switch off every other interaction, in order
> to be able to draw.
> You are more talking about copy/paste (which I remember existed in some
> format)?
>
> Andrea
Hi Andrea, thanks for your reply. Let me explain more the context. I am
thinking in to improve the Merge Tool. In the last version the Merge has an
associated view. To add a new feature, you could use the existent selection
interactions provided for uDig OR drag a feature from Map and drop in the  in
the Merge View. In this context the user is working with an specific tool then
the other interactions are disable until the merge interaction finished.

This interaction could be "simple" to develop if the platform provide the
basic support (usually, the GUI frameworks provides one way to do that).  I
think uDig framework could have the basic support for this interaction
technique (there are many examples), but if uDig has not the support I am sure
that eclipse RCP has the mechanism required.

all the best
--
Mauricio Pazos
www.axios.es