Re: [udig-devel] coverage tools in udig through JGrass

That is sweet :-)

I would still like to put the coveage tools into the core udig application (since imageio-ext support is one of the directions for the core applicaiton this time around). My understanding is the change to trunk is as much responsible as anything for letting you get away with not loading the data into memory? And I have not seen your "no data" problem before - the image moasics I work with have not had those large black areas...

You are getting a lot of love out of your console - jesse is also setting up some kind of ability to invoke commands from outside of the application - I really wish you guys could get together and make a way for us developers to advertise stuff for reuse ....
- in the console
- between applications
- etc...

We have a range of options available:
- IOp - is getting a bit long in the tooth (does not support parameters very well)
- IProcess - still wating feedback from Jesse and Sextante
- You must have something for JGrass - how does your "powerscript" console work?
- Jesse must also have something for his net.refractions.udig.socket plugin

Nice write up! You should see if you can get it in the various blog OSGeo blog feeds...
Jody

andrea antonello wrote:
Hi developers.
I fiddled around with Simone's tools and finally put them into udig.
After a lot of thinking and a chat with Simone I decided to put them
in Udig the JGrass wy, since that way they have the dual gui /
powerscript  life.

Read more here:
http://jgrasstechtips.blogspot.com/2008/08/geosolutions-coverage-tools-in-udig.html

Let me know your thoughts.