Re: [udig-devel] uDig running on 3.4

[...]
>> Now Udig runs, but as usual my concerns are about exporting of the
>> product.
>> It seems to complain about missing org.eclipse.core.commands.nl1,
>> which anyway is in the dropins folder.
>>

> Interesting; yeah we made our "Extas" include the "nl pack" you produced for
> us. It looks like the correct thing to do on Eclipse 3.4 is to use the babel
> update site to download a langage pack; but in the interest of keeping
> things sane I would like to stick with our "nl pack" for as long as
> possible.

Jody, probably I am not explaining myself properly. My guess is that
in a configuration like that no one will be able to export a udig
product. It is not just the nl plugins, but also the delta pack.
That is why I am asking if someone has been able to export a usable
udig from trunk. If that doesn't apply and things have to be changed
again, we are misleading lots of people with the nice dropins story.

>> Have to run now, but I will get back on that later. If someone has ideas
>> in the meanwhile.
>>
> Congrats! Glad you made it to trunk.

Thanks Jody, but up to that point it has always worked for me (even if
this time it has been really straight). What I never managed to
create, was a product expor to make my team work with, so that I am
allowed to play the trunk game.
Well, in the IRC Jesse told he would create a release in this week,
let's see how he solves the problem.

We are officially tagging JGrass for udig1.1.x and jumping on the
trunk train in order to be in sync with you all. Now I just hace to
search that nice geotools migration guide and then I'm ok :)

Ciao
Andrea