[udig-devel] Re: [udig-users] An installer for OSX to try out

Hi Jesse,
a feedback on the installer. First of all it works on Leopard and Tiger.
Secondo, please note that I used IzPAck intensively in the past  from
the various JGrass, so I am talking also a bit out of experience
If I may dare to say, without incurring in the wrats of the Gods...
the installer is bringing down the level of the software. IzPack is
nice and easy to use in its default version, but in that version it is
really one of this old fasioned ugly swinging widget stuff. Udig is a
hot hot application, I'm pretty sure  it would not want to be packaged
in IzPack. :)
Also the translations are not that nice.
And the proposed folder is not the Macosx Applications folder.
Don't want to be rude, but on macosx, where the outlook is more
important than on every other OS, this could be a problem. Isn't there
a more Maccy tool available for this? Did you try PackageMaker in the
developer's tool for this? It seems to be easy and nifty.

Just my 4,5 cents,
Andrea

PS: to apologize for this post I could help in packaging one of these days... :)