Re: [udig-devel] Oracle Spatial connection

Hey,

I don't know oracle and only read the code behind the database connector
so I may be wrong. In general, we use host:port:user:pass to make a
first connection to the database engine. In the first connection, we ask
the database engine for the list of 'databases' and 'schema' to offer
the user. Once the user makes those choices we can connect to the right
one.

If you don't know what schema are and how they work with oracle
databases, wander off into the web and get a grip on that concept. Once
you have that, it will be much easier for you to understand what uDig is
doing.

hope that helps,
adrian

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 06:21 -0800, D_Guidi wrote:

> D_Guidi wrote:
> >
> > Using gvSig, I don't specify any schema and I'm able to access to Oracle
> > data.
> > Any suggestions?
> > Thanks for support.
> > Diego Guidi
> >

> I'm the author of the post, and i like to add some informations:
> when i insert all the parameters for the connection, the Schema combo-box is
> correctly filled, so the connection is ok: i think that I don't know the
> SCHEMA that i must specify (i think is the user name, but don't works)...

Back to the top