[udig-devel] Udig and postgis starter kit - Newbie question

Hello, i am absolutely newbie of postgis and uDig, and hate to post questions
for which one could find answers in the documentation of the software. So
i'm going to apologize if simply i didn't find such answers
:-(
Anyway: i was trying to build a working set, creating some geometry tables
in postgis. So i created a point table, a line table, a Polygon table using
the AddGeometryColumn functions.

Inserting geometry objects with SQL queries make me feel really good, when
finally i get to display them in uDig adding the proper layer, but the
question is: why i cannot edit any of the objects i imports as layers? May I
simply create a table of -let's say- polygons and then simply draw my
polygons in uDig?

Am I setting up the wrong polygon type or similar? I simply need to create
or edit geometry, but uDig simply tells me no matter which layer I import:
e.g. "Create Rectangle is not available on the current layer. Choose another
tool or select a layer the tool can operate on."

I really appreciate any help, as I understand I'm really newbie. :working:

Thanks!

-----
--

http://www.superandrew.it