Re: [udig-devel] Database access from a new plug-in

Hey,

you probably want to wade through the uDig catalog system to answer your
own question. See the Documentation:
  http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/Documentation
and the developer's guide:
  http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/DEV/Home
specifically the catalog section;
  http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/DEV/2+Catalog
which should get you started/confused.

One way to get at your service and resource is through the static
CatalogPlugin. That gives you the first handle from which you can get to
your data through the interfaces ICatalog, IService, IGeoResource.

hope that helps,
--adrian