Re: [udig-devel] Add Ganymede Plugin

Actually jody is mistaken on that point, dropping a plugin should into the plugins directory will work.  Usually the problem occurs because the plugin has a dependency that isn't satisfied by uDig so the plugin is disabled on startup...  The difficulty is that you normally don't get any notification that this is a problem.  Some time running with -debug will indicate that there is a problem but often not.

I just downloaded the plugin and there are two issues:

1.  It is a eclipse 3.0 plugin (doesn't have manifests).  I think this is ok but it needs to be updated one day
2.  There are a number of unresolved dependencies:

org.eclipse.ui.ide
org.eclipse.core.resources
org.junit

You need to add those plugins and their dependencies as well.  You can drop an eclipse SDK on top of your uDig and it "should" add those dependencies (although I recommend backing up udig first).

Jesse