[udig-devel] uDig installation and startup

Dear uDig developers and users,

I downloaded uDig (winXP) from the following website http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/Downloads and installed selecting all the default parameters. The installation went forward without a hitch, however, when I try and run the program it does not seem to work. I get the startup screen and all seems well but that just disappears and nothing happens. I then had a look at the "installation questions" and attempted to change my config.ini file as per the recommendations. This has not solved the problem. I am thinking that one of two things could be wrong

1. I have not updated the config.ini file properly (config file attached)
2. Our internet connection is just not fast enough (South Africa)

Please could someone on this list please advise me on how to proceed. I have downloaded uDig as part of the open source online courses run by the Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies and would very much like to complete the course, unfortunately I am not even able to run the software.

Kind regards and looking forward to your inputs

Wesley

P.S. My system is a Dell Laptop Latitude D600 with a 1600MHz processor with 512 MB of RAM running WinXP prof version 2002 Service Pack 2