[udig-devel] Feedback on walkthrough 1

Hi Jesse,

Here is the kind of useless feedback you can get only from me ;-) Before you think is is all negative - I was able to run uDig for a full day of abuse without restarting - I really wish we were not hung up on edit tools as this is all a vast improvement from udig 1.0.6.

Cheers,
Jody

Add Layer from DnD
- No longer shows up as "Map 1" instead takes on the layer name of "Parks". This makes it hard to unambigously refer to things in the Project view (there are now two things called Parks).
- Add layers page where you select a layer has lost it wizard banner

Navigation Tools
- is refresh still needed?
- pan and zoom have a drop down menu but no other options available (it would be fun to shorten up our control if their our no more options). Only reason to keep it? If the drop down shows more information - and it does it lists the name of the command, however the tooltip for the command is not available from the drop down (it is when the tool is the one selected).
-- change tooltip to be two lines Name of Command / Description of Command
-- (optional) remove the drop down list if there is only entry - in order to save on the room taken up by the down arrow

Grouping of Layers in a WMS request
- I was able to get things out of sync by, dragging parks up above bathymetry, and changing its opactity. After that point the entire WMS was at 50%, changing it back to 100% resulted in two blocks (using Mylar to show this). Borders cities and parkers were one block and Bathymetry a second.

Catalog context menu
- the most common thing we do is add a layer to the current map; this options should be first and perhaps even be the default? As it is Julia accidently hit the first option and created a new Map.

Map graphic
- Scale bar is fun; but I can no longer change the style from the Style editor; even bringing up the style editor no longer works. Many layer
...and I thought xml was supposed to make things easy.