[udig-devel] Re: states of features

Hi Tony,

Question 1:
There are a few things going on here:

1.  After creating a feature (but not committing) the feature has been written to the transaction but it is still in editable state.
2.  If you encounter some problems with refreshing during editing you can try turning off a preference
Tool > Edit Tools > Edit Tool Performance > Hide Features on Select
This preference is useful when editing lines and points as it hides the point when it is selected for editing, however it also causes some refresh related issues.

Question 2:
Probably the best way is to make it a preference for the WriteChangesBehaviour so that if the preference the state will be updated so that there is no feature being edited.

FYI this selection is maintained so that the attributes can be entered into the table view for the feature after creating the feature.

Jesse