*From:* Andy Czerwonka [mailto:czerwonka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
*Sent:* Wednesday, December 20, 2006 11:13 PM
*To:* udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* [udig-devel] Re: As with many others.. (Wanting to use uDig insideanRCP app)

What exactly are you trying to do? Like Jody mentioned, it sounds like you need the MapEditor and a MapGraphic. Look in the svn tree as there are some examples that show how MapGraphics work.

    "David Fleig" <dfleig-wVjHJvS/z8sJGwgDXS7ZQA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:dfleig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote in message

    I’ve skimmed over the last three months of notes and found a few
    threads that are related but didn’t see anything too concrete to
    work with, and I don’t know the current status of development on a
    lot of it.

    We have an RCP application that we are adding more functionality
    to, and were looking at uDig for some map visualization. The idea
    is that this new plugin would let the client software display maps
    with some additional overlays of our own information. In this
    fashion we would need a way for the app to say switch perspective
    and now pull up the map, maybe with a list of layers – with a new
    uDig plugin to handle another layers of our own data as well. From
    what I’ve seen so far, I’m not sure if this is possible or not.
    The “Custom Application Tutorial” seems to be more geared to
    writing a new application with uDig as the base and adding onto it
    from there, or at least it seems that way.

    Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated,

    J. David Fleig