Re: [udig-devel] Heap space error adding/removing graphical layers

Hi

There are 2 main possibilities that I can think of.

1. Make sure that you are passing in a heap space parameter to your X-BeenThere: udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sort of...

"Merge" takes a selection in the layer and merges just those feature.
"Union" take two input layers and makes a new one.

They really are quite different operations... I think you might distinguish between "tools" which work on layers in place and "operations" which process inputs to create outputs?

I wonder what Adrian thinks?

Victor Mauricio Pazos wrote:
thanks Paul for your reply.

Some products, as ArcMap, have two operation Merge and Union. In Merge source layer and target layer must be the same (this operation deletes source features). In Union source layer and target layer must be not equals (this does not delete source).

We are thinking about if is needed two operations, Merge and Union, because the tool can distinguish one or other situation detecting if the user has selected a different layer as target (source != target ).

If you agree with "option 2" then, Can we infer that only one operation is required?

Regards