Re: [udig-devel] Data Format, Text Delimited

John,

As a workaround for now, you might be able to use OOcalc to edit the
dBase file directly. I just tried and it works.

Shapefiles come in sets with the same base name and different
extensions. All of the attribute data in shapefiles reside in the .dbf
file. OpenOffice.org's Calc spreadsheet can read and write .dbf files.
So you can open up the .dbf file as well as your data file, sort them
into a similar order, paste your data into the .dbf file and save that
file. Then, when you open your shapefile into uDig, the data will
appear.

Next you're going to want to style your maps according to the
attributes, aren't you? Well we just can't quite to that yet either but
are getting close.

--adrian