From: udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jody
Garnett
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 12:53 PM
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS
Subject: Re: [udig-devel] How to specify which geometry column to use

Right now there is not a "clean" way to do it - you can go into the
style editor and look at the xml; and then specify what geometry is
being styled....

This can be added to any Symbolizer:
> <Geometry>
> <ogc:PropertyName>centerline</ogc:PropertyName>
> </Geometry>
(When left out the renderer assumes something)

And yes XML is not fun at all; can you think of a nice visual way to do
this sort of thing?

If you wanted something quick make a StyleConfigurator page that and let
users place a use a check box next to the Geometry being styled.

A nice long term solution would be that when adding the data to the
screen from a tree; the data entry has children; one child for each "non
default" geometry.

Jody