[udig-devel] Different path rendering between SWTGraphics and AWTGraphics

Hi All.

I have come across a bug in the SWT rendering of paths when using a DrawFeatureCommand to render a MultiLineString feature.

It stems from some strange highway data that has kinks in it at various locations. This data can't be fixed (although it should) as it is managed by a government agency here in New Zealand. See here:
[snapshot23.png]

Under linux the path is rendered correctly (using AWTGraphics):
[snapshot19.png]

But under Windows it is rendered with an extra long segment in it:
[snapshot20.png]

This extra long segment remains and becomes more obvious as you zoom out (linux first, windows second):
[snapshot21.png]
[snapshot22.png]

Does anyone have any idea of what may be going wrong here? Is it a bug in the SWTGraphics.createPath() method or somewhere like that, or is it just an SWT bug.

I'll keep it out of Jira for now as it may be a simple fix that someone knows about. If not I'll create a Jira later.

Thanks for you help.
Mark

begin:vcard
fn:Mark Presling