Re: [udig-devel] A couple of printing problems

So can I assume that this problem doesn't exist for other people? Or just that nobody has tried it lately? I'm referring to the second problem about the strange rendering in Linux and the crashing under Windows. I really need some help on this one. Is it possible that it could be a classpath issue from the way my RCP app is put together with the uDig plugins? I don't get any exceptions

Can I ask when Jesse is due back? Hopefully he may know what changed...

aaggggggghhhhhhhh I've got to release next week. Sorry if it sounds like a rant... just getting a bit stressed.

Mark

Mark Presling wrote:

Hi All,

It appears as though recent changes have broken the printing. When I click "create page to be printed" button I get the following stacktrace:

java.lang.ClassCastException: net.refractions.udig.printing.model.impl.PageImpl
	at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.MapEditor.setInput(MapEditor.java:663)
	at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.MapEditor.init(MapEditor.java:647)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createSite(EditorManager.java:778)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:596)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:384)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:552)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditor(EditorReference.java:223)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2362)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2295)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$9(WorkbenchPage.java:2287)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2273)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2268)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2241)
	at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.commands.OpenProjectElementCommand$2.run(OpenProjectElementCommand.java:87)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UILockListener.doPendingWork(UILockListener.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer$1.run(UISynchronizer.java:36)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:123)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:2844)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2575)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1699)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1663)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:367)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
	at nz.govt.transit.callcenter.Application.run(Application.java:54)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:226)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:163)
	at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)
	at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278)
	at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973)
	at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948)

It appears that Jesse's changes to ProjectExplorer have caused this (not that I'm pointing the finger... just making an observation ;). The problem is that MapEditor is trying to cast the PageImpl to a UDIGEditorInput, which the ProjectExplorer.open() method used to convert it to. Now the open() method just uses the two lines:

       OpenProjectElementCommand command=new OpenProjectElementCommand(obj);
       ApplicationGIS.getActiveProject().sendASync(command);
The OpenProjectElementCommand does not to this wrapping. When I revert the changes in the open() method it works correctly.

So, that's one thing... the second is this:
[See snapshot12.png]

This is a screenshot of the printing under Linux. When I use the print command under Windows the whole App crashes out (that is, the JVM seems to die entirely).

Has anyone else experienced this, or is it something to do with my environment.

I noticed it a couple of weeks ago but assumed that it would be fixed at some stage. I have updated to HEAD today and the same thing happens. I am using this in my own RCP app, but I have tried reverting everything back to it's original unmodified state and it still happens.

Thanks,
Mark

content by *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and is believed to be clean.

begin:vcard