Re: [udig-devel] Re: uDig course, issues list

I'm changing Illegal values to Else.

Jesse

Jesse Eichar wrote:
Hi,

I just asked Cory how to do this.  It turns out that capturing all "other" values is the job of the drop down box called "Illegal Values".  Illegal values determines what to do with values that don't fit into one of the theme rules.  If HIDDEN is selected then the features that don't match a rule will not be rendered.  If FIRST or LAST is selected then an ELSE rule will be created and a color will be chosen for the category.  LAST is the default value.   I've attached a picture of this functionality in action.   In case you want to know FIRST and LAST refer to whether the color chosen for the value should be the first of the pallet or the last in the palette.

Jesse

Jody Garnett wrote:
Gary Watry wrote:
I will update the course accordingly

Next question

Give a polygon layer with several features i.e. lakes, ponds, glacier, null

Is there a way to symbolize lakes as dark blue, ponds as medium blue and not
show null or glacier

Yes, the themer should should help get you started. Choose the polygon "type" and a series of blues, from there you should
be able to edit the colors. Turning "off" a category is not on the current list of abilities as I understand it, but a toggle button
could be added. As a temporary measure you can delete the two rules (for glacier and null).

Is "null" really part of the set? I would need to look at your data. In keeping with your course I could make an extension in
community that allows you to turn some of the rules off.

You can also ask your course members to jump on freenode#udig and say hello - meeting users is always fun.
Jody