Re: [udig-devel] mapgraphic vs box

I believe Andrea's goal was the have a legend box on the printing page, but not on the actual map itself (in the map editor). Currently this is not supported, and Andrea's solution seems like a decent one for the interim. (I haven't looked at the code itself yet)

Richard

Jody Garnett wrote:
Talking with Andrea, who has cut&pasted the legend mapgraphic out into a BoxPrinter.

I was under the impression that DecoratorBoxPrinter was supposed to do this sort of thing (aka maintain a link to the original map, so that the legend map graphic could do its thing). However apparently it was confusing to figure out.

For now it seems Andrea will commit this stuff into community/andrea and wait for further direction. Placing these useful items into printing was also considered. I just want to hold off until we can confirm that no code duplication is required.

Jody